MI 8 was the largest flagship of Xiaomi of the year 2018. It was a big deal for the company as well as all the Xiaomi fans since this device was launched at the 10 years anniversary of Xiaomi. So that’s what today’s article is all about – MI 8 along with its variants – MI 8 EE and MI 8 SE. In this article, we are sharing the download links of TWRP Flasher Toolkit for Mi 8, Mi 8 EE, Mi 8 SE. So here we go –
The MI 8 became all the more popular since there was a vacancy of MI 7. Moreover, this phone features a Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset. The SoC boasts Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver). Along with this, other reasons that contributed to the popularity of this device is the great edition – Mi 8 EE i.e., Explorer Edition. The hardware of this device is the same as well, the only difference comes in body design.
There also is a lowered version of this 2018 flagship as well which is known as the Mi 8 Secondary SE. There are a few different hardware features in this device. The codename of this device is Sirius. MI 8 SE is powered by Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 that is the same 10 nm fabrication technology. The SoC boasts Octa-core 2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver processors.
Mi 8 is available all across the globe in countries like Russia, Europe, etc. Howsoever amazing this device or in that case any device might be, the real goodness of any device can be achieved once it is rooted. And how does rooting occur? Yes, with a Custom Recovery like TWRP (Developer – Team Win Dev Team).
Recovery includes not only rooting a device but also some amazing stuff likeability to flash third-party binaries such as Magisk, SuperSU, Tweaks and Custom ROM, etc. However, not everyone is as accomplished as a techie freak in this job. But those who are, like Predana1 create tools that could help the average techies in the process of rooting, flashing, etc.
Thanks to our MI Community member Perdana1, who created a TWRP Flasher tool for Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 EE, and Mi 8 SE. It was because of his efforts that flashing TWRP to your Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 EE, and Mi 8 SE phone has become easier now. Amazing, isn’t it?
However, just like the rest of the non-perfect things existing in this world, this tool too has a flaw – it is not available in the English Language. And hence most users might find it difficult and some impossible to use. But then we have our Google Translate! Do not worry as we have mentioned that download, installation and a short how-to-use guide for this tool below –
TWRP Flasher Toolkit Download for Mi 8/EE/SE
To download and use TWRP Flasher toolkit you will need a 64-bit system Windows PC.
Download TWRP Flasher Toolkit for MI 8/EE/SE
How to use TWRP Flasher Toolkit?
- To use TWRP Flasher toolkit, the bootloader of your Mi 8/EE/SE should be unlocked.
- Now, you will have to enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, you can go to the Settings> Additional Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Next, connect your Xiaomi device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- Then Download Lazy Flasher or No-DM Verity.
- Copy this to your phone.
- Then download the flasher tool from the links mentioned above.
- Extract the Flasher tool with the help of either WinZIP or WinRAR.
- When you extract this tool, you will see a number of files that include the most crucial – ADB and Fastboot drivers and the Toolkit as well.
- All you need to do now is click on the ‘TOOLKIT’ file. This will run the file and you will come across a screen like below –
- All you have to do is to type the number of any option you want and then press the Enter on keyboard. Given below is the list of available choices –
- Check phone information
- Check bootloader unlock status
- Check Anti-rollback Protection Status
- Flash TWRP v3.2.1 on Mi 8
- Flash TWRP v3.2.2 on Mi 8
- Flash TWRP v3.2.3 on Mi 8
- Flash TWRP on Mi 8 Explorer Edition
- Flash TWRP 3.2.1 on Mi 8 SE
- Flash TWRP 3.2.3 on Mi 8 SE
- (0) Zero is for Exit.
That is it. You have successfully done the job.
How to install TWRP on MI 8?
- After following the above steps, soon your device will reboot into TWRP.
- For this, just ‘Swipe to Allow System Modification’ in the TWRP interface.
- Then choose the Install and Flash the No DM-verity or Lazy Flasher.
- Reboot your device.
That’s done! You have now installed TWRP on your MI 8 device.
Concluding words –
I hope the article came of use. Just note one thing here that you might not find the zip file due to the Internal storage displays 0 MB while flashing Lazy Flasher or Magisk. A simple solution to this is to format the data partition. To do so, you can go to the Wipe in TWRP and then follow the path – Advanced > Format Data > type “Yes” > and tap on the check-mark button.