Xiaomi users have a number of amazing tools and software to support them for almost every activity on the device. One such tool is the Qualcomm Product Support Tool. If you are wondering what the QPST is then it is just another official firmware flashing tool from Qualcomm. In this article, we are sharing the download links for the QPST Flashing Tool or Qualcomm Product Support Tool along with its features and uses.
QPST Flashing Tool or Qualcomm Product Support Tool is pointed to work for any of the Xiaomi devices that are powered by the Qualcomm chipset. Well, that’s a lot of Xiaomi devices since most of them are Qualcomm powered.
Now we all aware of the fact that Google frequently releases their Security updates which are followed by almost all OEMs of the world including Xiaomi. Xiaomi always makes sure to roll out these security updates as soon as possible after Google’s releases.
Although these updates come with the motive of providing more security for the users, they aren’t as good for those users who have somehow modified or tweaked their Xiaomi devices. For such users, these updates may cause damage.
Let us take, for example, the recently rolled out Anti-rollback protection. This security measure causes trouble for those users who have done some adventures on their devices and also tricks the entire flashing process. This applies even for the stock MIUI ROM. Eventually, as a result of a failure in responding to the security mechanism, the device gets bricked.
At this point, even the Mi Flash tool comes to no use. And here is where the QPST Flashing Tool comes in the picture. This tool helps users in flashing the required ROM using the Test-point method or EDL Mode.
Features of QPST Flashing tool
- Comes as an installer app.
- Flash Service Programming data file.
- Flash MIUI Stock firmware.
- Simple User Interface.
- Calibration of RF.
- Backup and Restore options.
- One Touch flashing tool.
- Helpful in preventing bricking of Xiaomi phones.
- In-built QFIL Flash Tool.
- Firmware downloader.
- Advanced QPST Configuration.
- Save Service Programming data file.
- Multiple devices flashing.
- Backup Non-volatile (NV) memory content
- Compatible with Qualcomm powered Xiaomi devices.
- Restore NV backups.
- Software Download.
- Standalone installer.
- Serial ports and active client monitoring.
- In-Built QFIL Flash tool.
- Wide Compatibility with Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Windows 8.
Download Qualcomm Product Support Tool
The below mentioned is the link to download the Qualcomm Product Support Tool. This version that has been included below is supportive to the Xiaomi Redmi, Redmi Note, and Mi phones powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC including all recent variants such as Mi 8, Mi 6X, Redmi Note 5, Poco F1, Mi A2, Redmi S2, Redmi Note 6 Pro, and similar others.
The links mentioned below is a direct download link and is hosted on a number of servers. The below-mentioned file is in .zip format and hence one will have to unzip the below file so as to extract the installer along with the QPST tool files.
Thanks to the Qualcomm Mobility Inc for creating and distributing the below QPST Tool.
We at www.xiaomijungles.com will not be responsible for any sort of damage caused to your device while performing the below procedures. Do it at your own peril.
How to Use QPST/ How to Flash Qualcomm device using QPST?
Here is a short and simple guide on how you can use the Qualcommm Product Support Flashing Tool. But before that, one needs to follow the below requirements.
- To use QPST, one will need an Android device that is powered by the Qualcomm Chipset. In case your device is not powered by Qualcomm, this tool will not work for you.
- Just note that flashing a firmware will wipe out all the data from your device and hence you first of all need to take a complete backup of your device data.
Assuming that you have downloaded and installed the Qualcomm Product Support tool for flashing, and you have fulfilled all the requirements mentioned above, you can get ahead with the procedure of using this tool.
- First of all, download and install Qualcomm USB Drivers on your PC. If you have them already installed, you can get to the next step.
- Go to the C:\Program Files\Qualcomm\QPST\bin\folder.
- Connect your Qualcomm powered device to the PC using USB Cables.
- Then open the QPST Configuration.
- When you have launched QPST Config, go to ‘Port Menu’.
- Here click on the ‘Starts Clients Menu‘ and then choose ‘Software Download’.
- You will now come across the QPST Software Download Dialog box.
- Here simply click on the Phone Image Browse button and then find the firmware (.hex) on your PC.
- In the Boot Image section, click on Browse option and then find the BOOT_LOADER.HEX file.
- Then click on Start button. This will start the process of flashing.
- When the flashing process will be completed, you will see a Green Bar on the screen.
- You can now disconnect your device from the PC and reboot it as well.
You can also use the QFIL Flash Tool as an alternative to flash your Qualcomm powered device.
I hope the article was of use. And that you have successfully flashed your Qualcomm powered device using the QPST tool and its guide on how to use it mentioned above.
In case you have come across any issues with this tool or your Xiaomi device fell free to ask us in the comment section below. We will be happy to help you all.
Thank you for visiting 🙂